Date of birth: October 3, 1968
Place of birth: Israel
Thrombosis & Hemostasis Unit
Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
Tel: +972 4 7773520 Fax: +972 4 7773886
2003 - 2007 Ph.D. degree supervised by Prof. Israel Vlodavsky and Prof. Benjamin Brenner, the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa
1987 - 1994 M.D. at Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, graduated with great honors.
9/2012 Assistant Professor, the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa
2011 - 2012 Lecturer, the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa
2016 - present - Head of Thrombosis and Hemostasis Unit, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa
2014 - 2016 Head of Thrombosis and Hemostasis Service, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa
2011 - present - Member in Clinical Research Institute at Rambam (CRIR)
2010 - present - Head of Coagulation and Cancer Laboratory in Clinical Research Institute at Rambam (CRIR)
2001 - present - Senior in Hematology, Thrombosis & Hemostasis Unit, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa. (2003-2007- partial time)
1999 - 2001 Residency in Hematology at Rambam Medical Center, Haifa
Certification of the Israeli Board of Hematology, license no. 19193
1995 - 1999 Residency in Internal Medicine at Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Saba
Certification of the Israeli Board of Internal Medicine, license no. 17041
1993 - 1994 Internship, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa. Graduated with excellence. Certification of the Israel Ministry of Health, license no. 27127
1994 - Hematopoietic stem-cells Research- Weizman institution, Rehovot, Israel
1989 - Coagulation Research - Coagulation Laboratory, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Public Professional Activities
2014 - present – Chair, Israel Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Israel Medical Association
2011 - 2014 Secretary, Israel Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Israel Medical Association
Publications of Basic Research (last 7 years)
- Nadir Y, Henig I, Vlodavsky I, Brenner B. Involvment of heparanase in early pregnancy losses. Thromb Res. 2010, 125:e251-7.
- Nadir Y, Brenner B, Fux L, Shafat I, Vlodavsky I. Heparanase enhances factor Xa generation in the presence of tissue-factor and factor VIIa. Hematologica. 2010, 95:1927-34.
- Nadir Y, Kenig Y, Drugan A, Zcharia E, Brenner B. Involvement of Heparanase in Normal and IUGR Deliveries. Thromb Res. 2010, 126:444-50.
- Nadir Y, Kenig Y, Drugan A, Shafat I, Brenner B. An assay to evaluate heparanase procoagulant activity. Thromb Res. 2011, 128:e3-8.
- Peled E, Robitzki A, Axelman E, Norman D, Brenner B, Nadir Y. Increased heparanase level and procoagulant activity in orthopedic surgery patients receiving prophylactic dose of enoxaparin. Thromb Res. 2012, 130:129-34 .
- Peled E, Davis M, Axelman A, Norman D, Nadir Y. Heapranase role in the treatment of avascular necrosis of femur head. Thromb Res. 2013, 131:94-8.
- Moshe M, Axelman E, Brenner B, Nadir Y. Heparanase procoagulant activity is elevated in women using oral contraceptives. Human Reproduction. 2013, 28:2372-80.
- Nadir, G. Sarig, E. Axelman, A. Meir, M. Wollner, I. Shafat, R. Hoffman, B. Brenner, I. Vlodavsky, N. Haim. Heparanase procoagulant activity is elevated and predicts survival in non-small cell lung cancer patients. Thromb Res. 2014, 134:639-42
- Axelman, I. Henig, Y. Crispel, J. Attias, JP. Li, B. Brenner, I. Vlodavsky, Y. Nadir. Novel peptides that inhibit heparanase activation of the coagulation system. Thromb Haemost. 2014, 112:666-77.
- Nadir, G. Saharov, A. Keren, R. Hoffman, I. Zoran, B. Brenner, T. Shochat Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 and heparanase procoagulant activity are increased in shift work female nurses. Ann of Hematology, 2015, 94:1213-9.
- Nadir, R. Hoffman, J. Corral, Y. Barak, T. Hasin, A. Keren, B. Brenner. Antithrombin deficiency with arterial manifestations: a novel mutation in six family siblings and the clinical combat. Letter to Ed. Thromb Haemost, 2015, 114:859-61.
- Kogan, D. Chap, R. Hoffman, E. Axelman, B. Brenner, Y. Nadir. JAK-2 V617F mutation increases heparanase procoagulant activity. Thromb Haemost, 2015, 115: 73-80.
- Peled, E. Melamed, T. Banker Portal, E. Axelman, D. Norman, B. Brenner, Y. Nadir. Heparanase procoagulant activity as a predictor of wound necrosis following diabetic foot amputation. Thromb Res. 2016, 139:148-53.
- Crispel, E. Axelman, M. Tatour, I. Kogan, N. Nevo, B. Brenner, Y. Nadir. Peptides inhibiting heparanase procoagulant activity significantly reduce tumor growth and vascularization in a mouse model. Thromb Haemost. 2016;116:669-78.
- Tatour, M. Shapira, E. Axelman, A. Keren-Politansky, L. Bonstein, B. Brenner, Y. Nadir. Thrombin is a selective inducer of heparanase release from platelets and granulocytes via protease-activated receptor-1. Thromb Haemost, 2017; 117 [Epub ahead of print]
- Crispel, S. Ghanem, J. Attias, I. Kogan, B. Brenner, Y. Nadir. Involvement of heparanase procoagulant domain in bleeding and angiogenesis. J Thromb Haemost, 2017; [Epub ahead of print]